Thursday, December 14, 2017

Art Journal Page Swap with Laura Marek

Hello everyone!  I had been having some trouble with confidence and mojo for a while.  I happened to post a query to one of my favorite mixed media Facebook Groups (Maremi's Creative Cafe), asking what other people did to find their mojo again, and along with some wonderful comments of encouragement, a lady offered to do an art journal page swap with me.  Her name is Laura Marek, and she creates wonderful art journal pages with acrylic paints and gelli prints, as well as magazine cut outs and other embellishments. 


Leah Tees, Ode to Paper, Art Journal




So Laura and I agreed to do a swap with two art journal pages, in the size of our choice. I decided to do my pages on 8 x 10 mixed media paper that I already had cut and ready to create on.


Leah Tees, Ode to Paper, Art Journal





For this first art journal page, I took my inspiration from the two colors I decided to work with. I wanted to use this Phthalo Turquoise Fluid Acrylic paint from Tri Art and Craft Smart's Cafe au Lait.


Leah Tees, Ode to Paper, Art Journal





I added embellishments and a word tile from Tim Holtz. I love how this turned out, and Laura is a big part in getting my mojo back, thank you Laura!


Leah Tees, Ode to Paper, Art Journal






My second art journal page started out with one of my favorite techniques using acrylic paint, glazing medium and plastic wrap.


Leah Tees, Ode to Paper, Art Journal





I drew out sections of the page, traced some circles and glazed them with different colors, then I shaded and highlighted the different parts.


Leah Tees, Ode to Paper, Art Journal
The text is stamped onto tissue paper and glued down with Matte Gel Medium, and lastly I added some paint splatters and a clock stamp from Tim Holtz.  I would like to say, the people I have come across in the Maremi Creative Cafe Facebook group are so caring and special.  To give a total stranger the courage and confidence to continue with a new form of art takes a great kind of people.  Thank you to all of you, and a special thanks to Laura Marek, for going above and beyond to help me with my journey with its ups and downs.

Please come back next week, when I showcase the art journal pages that Laura has sent me!


Leah Tees, Ode to Paper, Art Journal
Leah Tees, Ode to Paper, Art Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment