Thursday, February 18, 2016

A new venture with Joy Clair Stamps :)

I am please to tell you that I have been accepted as a member of the Joy Clair Stamps Design Team!  And with this new venture, comes another:  Bible Journalling! I have started with February's new release for the Color By Faith stamp line by Joy Clair :)

This stamp set is called He Has Risen:



I really was intrigued by this new journalling medium.  Who would think that it's ok to write and draw and color in your bible!  Made me sweat a little bit, lol, but no worries, I purchased a journalling bible just for this reason.

I chose 1 Corinthians 15:12 for this project because it really resonates with me, the amount of unbelievers in the world.  And with the amount of ongoing tragedy seemingly based in 'religion', I find myself questioning my beliefs, and this is not who I want to be.  I believe that Jesus died for our sins, and that he rose from the dead.  And no amount of religious bullying will change that for me.  That's it, that's all.

1 Corinthians 15:12-14 states:  "Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection from the dead?  But if there is no resurrection of the dead then not even Christ has been raised.  And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain."

I choose to believe that Christ was raised from the dead, and that he died for my sins.  And if that is not the ultimate test of faith, then I don't know what is.

Thank you for reading this post, even though it may not mean the same things to you.  I have felt very 'ungrounded' lately and when this opportunity came up, I couldn't say no.  I felt that it was just what I needed to be 'grounded' again.  Thank you Christie and Amanda (Joy Clair) and thank you Jesus for what you have done for me.

Until next time, happy crafting :)

1 comment: