Thursday, November 19, 2015

Sweet Summer Blooms with Sweet Stamps

Hello everyone, it is definitely chilly here and I am not ready to give up summer just yet, lol.  I will continue to play with flower images (while of course making Christmas cards too!) all through the winter, in the hopes that I can stay warm and cozy all winter long :P

This is a card I created for Sweet Stamps, using their Summer Blooms rubber stamp.


Created this card by stamping and heat embossing the image on hot press watercolor paper, using the Summer Blooms rubber stamp and Detail White embossing powder.  Then I water-colored the image using the Sweet Stamps Shades dye ink in Valentine, Royal, and Envy.  I added some die cuts from the Fancy Leaf die along with a paper rose from my stash.  You can find all of these products in the Sweet Stamps online shop, and much more as well!

I really enjoy using this medium to watercolor.  I find by putting some of the ink on an acrylic block, you have more control over the amount of ink you have on your brush.  I also find that for this technique in particular, a water brush (I like the Prima one ) also helps to control the amount of water, because this technique requires a fair bit of water to create, and the brush pen saves from having to dip your brush in water every time you move to a different part of the image.

I am really enjoying my Sweet Stamp stamps. (? lol)  There are so many floral image stamps (my favorite to play with) and I will get to water color so many of them!

Don't forget to come and join the TWO monthly challenges over at the Sweet Stamps blog; the Anything Goes challenge starts on every first Sunday of the month, and the Anything but a Card challenge starts on every third Sunday of the month :)



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous card and fabulous job on the coloring:)
    Have a great evening!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete