Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Gorjuss Feature: Ladybird

Hello everyone, I have another Gorjuss feature for Quick Creations to show you today.  I ventured a wee bit out of my comfort zone again (phew...this is happening a little too often, hehe) and painted her using Prima Water Color Pencils and a paintbrush and water.


The rubber stamp image is called Ladybird, from Santoro's Gorjuss line, and you can find her in Noelle Martin's online shop at Quick Creations.  Noelle carries many Gorjuss stamps (and I think I may have purchased almost all of them heehee).

I colored her using the following Prima Watercolor Pencil colors:

Hair:  91, 95
Skin:  05, 08, 09
Dress:  16, 44, 32
Leggings:  62
Shoes:  07, 22
Ribbons:  16

I began this project by heat embossing the image with with white Stampin' UP embossing powder and then used the pencils only in the areas that would be shaded.  This allows the color to stay inside the lines when adding water to the image.  When she was finished I created an easel card using paper from the Echo Park "Summer Bliss" 6 x 6 paper pad.

I also die cut the two different sized ovals using the CC Designs Make A Card #5 Die Set, which you can also find in Noelle's shop.



Don;t forget to check back here often, for more Gorjuss features and inspiration.  Head's Up:  on the 15th of this month, I will be showcasing a Magnolia image!  I just love Magnolia too, and can't wait to get her done :)

If you order from Quick Creations, don't forget to use my referral code for a nice discount!  LEAH10


No comments:

Post a Comment