Saturday, November 15, 2014

Having some fun with The East Wind!

I stumbled across these designs on Etsy a while back, and was a little (ok, a LOT) intimidated by them. They are so fabulous, I figured, no way could I even attempt them.  I saw them more and more on FB and on other challenge sites, and as I became more confident with my coloring, I decided I wanted to give them a try.  But I procrastinated, lol of course, and then all of a sudden I see this Youtube video of the designer (Unky) speed coloring her "Aurora Maple" image.  Let me tell you, I fell in love with the image and just had to try her.



I contacted Unky via FB as I fell in love with the hair color!  I asked if she would tell me what colors she used on the hair.  I have tried to come up with a red hair combination many times, and it never seemed to work out right.  Unky shared her colors with me (thank you so much Unky!) and I am still loving this color combination :)

This is my second attempt at this image.  I loved the first attempt, it was on vellum, but alas...the stars aligned to conspire against me and she was dropped on the floor and scratched (boo :( ).  So, of course, I did her over again :)



I colored her with my Prismacolor Premiere Pencils, on Xpressit paper.  This is not the greatest paper for colored pencils...lol...it doesn't have enough tooth to it.  Normally I would use the regular 110lb bright white card stock from Staples.  Wonderful for colored pencils :)

Here are the colors I have used for Aurora Maple:

Hair:  PC1001, 925, 1067
Skin - PC927, 939, 1081
Leaves - PC937, 924, 944, 1032, 1090, 1034
Eyes - PC1097, 911, 1005
Lips - PC1092, 1081, 938, 947

Unky's designs are very unique and one-of-a-kind.  You must try them out!  You can find her blog here and her Etsy shop here with all her images in digital form.  Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. WOW what a stunning creation!!! Love your coloring and it's a good thing that you did attempt this because you ROCKED it!

    Thanks for joining us in our CAS challenge at Digi Choosday Crafting Vicky (DT)

    ReplyDelete